Friday, July 24, 2015

Daddy's Star Wars Birthday Messenger Bag

Little Bit's daddy had a birthday on July 2nd. A couple of months before his birthday, B asked me for a Star Wars messenger bag that was padded so he could use it for his laptop. Together we drafted what he wanted. The bag seemed simple, but between my fatigue and trying to find a comfortable cutting position, I didn't finish until the night before his birthday.

I used outdoor canvas fabric so that it would be waterproof since he planned on putting food in the front pocket.




The finished bag was 17"x14"x5". The Star Wars fabric was basic cotton with fleece padding and the same canvas material for the lining. I upcycled the padding from an old suitcase to complete the pocket for the laptop. I also used a thin plastic place mat to add a bit of sturdiness. For the soft back pocket, I used fleece again for the padding. That's where he plans to keep his tablet when traveling. I gave him two front pockets for other "stuff". A couple of plastic buckles from Joann's is used for the closure along with nylon strips. The bag's strap was another upcycle from his Timbuktu bag that he said was too big which was the reason I was asked to make the bag in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment